The Town of Vail offers the following tips and reminders when it comes to getting to your Vail destination and around this winter season:
- Winter paid parking in the Vail Village and Lionshead parking structures along with Red Sandstone Garage, Ford Park Lot and Soccer Lot begins Nov. 10, 2023 at 6 a.m. and extends through April 21, 2024.
- Leave your car at home and ride the bus. Vail has added additional outlying morning buses and additional outlying evening buses to supplement the scheduled routes. ECO regional transit is running its winter schedule as well.
- Free parking along the North Frontage Road across from the West Vail Mall and on the west side of the West Vail roundabout is available daily throughout the season from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. with easy access to bus stops. Additional free parking is available on selected days at Donovan Park, 1600 S. Frontage Road.
- Free parking is offered in the Village and Lionshead structures for up to 2 hours (must exit within 2 hours) all season long as well as free short-term parking for drop-off and other short-term needs on the top deck of the Village structure and the passenger drop-off in the Lionshead structure with entry and exit from East Lionshead Circle on the west side of the structure. Also, arrive after 3 p.m. for free parking in both structures until 3 a.m. seven days a week. Entries between 1 and 3 p.m. require charges.
- Never drink and drive. Enter after 3 p.m. and exit your vehicle from the structure by 11 a.m. the next day compliments of the Town of Vail. While this service is available for exceptional circumstances, please remember to plan ahead and ride the bus, take a taxi or have a designated driver. Please see a booth attendant at exit.
- Parking along the South Frontage Road is available only when the two parking structures are full. Watch the variable message signs for updates.
For Vail transit information, call 970-479-2178 or visit vailgov.com/bus-schedules; for real-time Vail transit information visit ride.vailgov.com; for ECO Transit, call 970-328-3520 or visit eaglecounty.us/transit/schedules; for parking information, call 970-479-2445 or vailgov.com/parking.
Thank you and please have a safe winter season!