Parking in Vail
Let us remove the worry and hassle when parking in Vail. There are two main parking structures in Vail: Vail Village and Lionshead. Additional parking is available in the Red Sandstone parking garage on the North Frontage Road and Ford Park (when there is no event).
Summer 2023 Parking
- Daytime parking in Vail Village and Lionshead structures is FREE
- Overnight parking in Vail Village and Lionshead structures is $35
- Additional FREE daytime parking and $15 overnight parking available at the Red Sandstone garage at 559 N. Frontage Road.
- Overflow parking on the South Frontage Road is allowed ONLY once both parking structures are full.
- Parking for oversized vehicles (RVs/Trailers) is available on the N. Frontage Road in West Vail for $35 per 24 hours for a maximum of 5 days.
- Details on paid parking for events at Ford Park/Amphitheater are listed at www.vaileventparking.com.
Discounted Satellite Parking
With bus service, 7am – 11pm at the following locations based on availability:
- Red Sandstone Park
- North Frontage Road, across from West Vail Mall
- North Frontage Road, in West Vail
Frontage Road Free Overflow Parking until 11pm
Free overflow parking on the South Frontage Road is allowed once both parking structures are full. Please refer to the variable message signs located at the Vail Town Center off ramps (exit 176) and Main Vail roundabout to make sure the overflow parking option has been officially activated. Once the Frontage Road has been released for overflow use, park on the I-70 (north) side of the roadway, leaving as much shoulder area as possible for your safety, avoid blocking driveways and leave plenty of space, as much as 50 feet, at intersections. Perimeters on the Frontage Road which prohibit parking will be marked.
Free parking is available at Donovan Park from 7am to 11pm, located at 1600 South Frontage Rd., with 90 spaces on days when the pavilion isn’t in use. A sign will be used at the park’s entrance to indicate availability each day. The parking area is serviced by the Matterhorn bus stop, which is located west of the park at the intersection of Matterhorn Circle and West Gore Creek Drive.
Self park at private garages:
- Manor Vail: 595 E. Vail Valley Dr., call 970-476-5000 for availability
- Evergreen Hotel: 250 S. Frontage Rd. West, call 970-476-7810 for availability
- Sebastian Hotel: 16 Vail Rd., call 970-477-8000 for availability
- Solaris Hotel: 141 E. Meadow Dr., call 970-479-6000 for availability
- Cascade: 1295 Westhaven Dr.
- Golden Peak parking: Accepts advanced reservations. Go to vipparkingsolutions.com or call 303-502-2340.
- The Lodge at Vail: 174 Gore Creek Dr., call 970-754-7800 for availability