Clear Your Mind & Body with Yoga and Meditation at 8,000 feet. Vail’s vibrant health & wellness community has what you need to breathe your stress and worries away.
Namaste in Vail with traditional and unique yoga offerings designed to restore mind and body from life’s stressors. Free your mind from unwanted thoughts and enjoy the ahhh as your muscles expand and toxins are released. If you’re new to yoga, Vail is the place to try it! Instructors love what they do and can guide any new yogi to feel amazing benefits from their first sun salutation to downward dog.
You’ll find traditional yoga offerings in Vail at Dryland Fitness & Spa and the Vail Racquet Club & Fitness Center. For a more unique yoga experience, slow your breath at these favorites:
- Goat Yoga at Vail Stables – GOGA! Find your balance surrounded by small goats that jump, bump heads, sleep, and play around (and sometimes on) participants. Get limber and enjoy some laughs along the way!
- Solaris Lawn Free Yoga – Offered every Saturday, just bring a mat and water bottle to this grassy outdoor setting and take it all in.
- Betty Ford Alpine Gardens – Yoga and meditation is offered throughout the summer at this Vail gem and the world’s highest botanical gardens.
- Vail Mountain – Take your practice to new heights by riding the gondola to experience mountaintop yoga with world-class views.
- Paddle Yoga – Add a degree of difficulty with yoga on a paddle board at Nottingham Lake in Avon.
- Peace Love Aerial Yoga – In Minturn, release your mind and body as you hang from a hammock in this fun setting.
Meditation can change your life, and Vail’s summer surroundings provide the perfect atmosphere to let go of it all. A few of our favorite serene spots:
- Betty Ford Alpine Gardens – Take a seat on a quiet bench and be kept company by a collection of alpine, sub-alpine, and other mountain plants and flowers.
- Vail’s Library – Simply being in a library is practically a meditation all its own, and this quiet location features plentiful nooks indoors and out with its beautiful alpine setting along Gore Creek, complete with benches and picnic tables.
- Gore Creek – Explore the miles of easy going trails along Gore Creek and find your own tree, bench, or picnic spot to unwind, listen to the creek, and meditate while you feel miles away from the hustle and bustle of the world.
“Forest Bathing” is the newest trend making its way to Vail. All about slowing waaaay down and connecting with nature, you’ll find that spending time in nature just feels good! Guided instructors are available, or you can create your own experience.