Welcome to Winter in Vail
Take a breath, inhaling the fresh mountain air, relax and don’t forget, a smile goes a long way.
We greatly appreciate you choosing Vail. Given the environment here and elsewhere, remember that kindness and patience are universal. So is a smile.
Show kindness and patience towards employees and fellow visitors, so that everyone can truly have the best experience possible in Vail.
Recommendations To Ensure a Great time in Vail
- Make Reservations – Many activities have adjusted or reduced operations due to increased demand and/or decreased staffing. We highly recommend booking any guided activities well before arriving to ensure availability.
- Consider Shifting Your Vacation Days – Higher traffic times (Friday – Sunday and Holiday weeks) are when the resort will be the busiest. If you have flexibility, plan your trips mid-week. That way, you’ll enjoy more space to roam town and experience the mountains.
- Timing is Everything – Become a morning person to beat the sleepy-heads to the trail, the mountain, the coffee shop, etc. An early morning start will give you more space and solitude to experience the beauty of the surroundings.
- Ditch the Car – A car is not needed to get here and around. Vail is a pedestrian (and bike) friendly destination, and it’s easy to take public transportation (often free) to locations throughout the villages and beyond town.
- Always follow Leave No Trace Principles – Protecting what we all love is more important than ever when enjoying the outdoors. Be sure to pack it in, pack it out and be respectful of others when exploring the wilderness.
Where You Need A Mask
You know the drill. Always carry a mask in your pocket, so you are prepared. It is required that you wear a mask on public transit, per federal mandate.
Please make it easy for our hard working bus drivers and mask up before using the easy free bus network to travel between villages and around town.
Locals Tip to Navigate Vail
You can take a bus all around Vail. Let RideVail help you choose the best route.
Visit Vail's Welcome Centers
We are here to help!
The friendly and knowledgeable staff at the Vail Village and Lionshead Welcome Centers offer a wealth of information to help you have the best vacation in Vail. We invite you to come visit us or give us a call. Open daily 8:30am – 5pm.
Vail Village Welcome Center
On the top level of the Vail Village Parking Garage
241 South Frontage Rd., Suite 8150 Vail, CO 81657
Lionshead Welcome Center
On the lower level of the Lionshead Parking Garage
395 East Lionshead Circle Vail, CO 81657