Keep Vail Safe & Open
Welcome to Vail! We want this season to be a success just as much as you do, so let’s each do our part to Save Our Season and Keep Vail Safe & Open.
mask on zone
That mask looks good on you! Town of Vail has implemented a mandatory mask zone in designated areas of Vail Village, Lionshead, Golden Peak and Cascade Village.
Please respect Mask Zones. With your help, we can save our season.
Reference map below for Mask Zone, Bathrooms and Public Consumption Areas.
riding the bus
- For your safety, buses are running at reduced capacity; plan ahead and expect delays
- Wear a face covering and follow all posted public health protocols
- Be respectful of others and create physical separation to the extent possible while riding
- Plan your non-essential trips during non-peak times
- Doors will be closed when capacity is reached; extra buses will be used during AM and PM peak times
- Service between Golden Peak, Vail Village and Lionshead could vary from 15-30 minutes. Consider walking to your village-to-village destination
- Be patient. Be kind.
cleaning & Synexis
Additional cleaning protocols in the Town of Vail provide wide-ranging environmental protection efforts for guests, residents and employees.
The Synexis BioDefense System offers an additional layer of protection to our riders by reducing microbial containments such as viruses, bacteria and mold.
Synexis is located in all town buses, Welcome Centers, Library, Dobson Ice Arena and more.
Everything Vail Mountain
- Guests will be required to wear face coverings in lift lines and riding in lifts and gondolas.
- To maintain physical distancing on chairlifts and gondolas, you can only sit with related parties (your ski/ride party) or: two singles on opposite sides of chair/gondola
- Ski and ride school will be offered and on-mountain dining will be open, but reservations are required.
- Reservations are required to ski/ride to ensure you have the space you need.
Learn more about the Vail Mountain Experience such as Ski School reservations, ski rentals, on-mountain dining reservations and more.
Get your tastebuds ready for
Dining Open in Vail
Vail Restaurants have currently shifted back to 25% occupancy for sit-down dining. Please plan ahead and make a reservation if possible.
Only members of the same household may be seated together through December 15.
Learn more below:
Ready for you
Hotels in Vail
Lodging in Vail is open and taking necessary steps to ensure comfort.
- Rooms are limited to one single household through December 15
- Masks mandatory for all staff
- Barrier at most check-in desks
- Enhanced protocol for cleanliness
- Additional cleaning of high touch point surfaces