The Vail Recreation District is your source for things to do in Vail year-round. We offer recreation facilities, sports fields, and a large variety of summer and winter activities and events with something for all ages! Highlighted programs:
1. Kids are King at our youth summer day camps featuring hands-on learning about the natural environment, adventure-packed days including rafting and caving, arts and crafts, plus golf, gymnastics, ice skating and more. Sports Camps provide children with an opportunity to develop new skills and refine existing talents in baseball, basketball, sports training, lacrosse, golf, gymnastics, ice hockey, tennis, soccer and more.
2. Each year, Vail is proud to host many major sports tournaments and events. From soccer to lacrosse to volleyball, Vail is the perfect destination to participate in and spectate your favorite sport!
3. For the competitive spirit, Vail Rec hosts mountain bike, trail running, kayak, snowshoe, and Nordic races for all ages and abilities! These fun competitions feature the stunning landscape of Vail and comradery among the athletes from start to finish!
4. The Vail Recreation District offers numerous facilities for the pursuit of recreation and sport in Vail. From a world-class golf course to a multi-purpose ice facility, a competitive gymnastics center to some of the best clay tennis courts in Colorado, Vail is home to plenty of places to find things to do in the winter and summer.
5. Looking for a unique venue in Vail for a special event or gathering? The VRD offers a variety of venues for both large and small-scale events from birthday parties to family reunions, from weddings to corporate retreats, from sports tournaments to concerts. Facility rentals are available for Dobson Ice Arena, The Grill on the Gore at the Vail Golf Club, Imagination Station and for the Ford Park and Vail Athletic Fields.