Many of Vail’s events cater to the kids, so don’t be fooled by the name; guests of all ages can all enjoy what’s Vail’s events have to offer:
Due to COVID-19, some of these annual events have been canceled. For most up to date event information VISIT OUR EVENT CALENDAR
1. Kids Adventure Games: The Kids Adventure Games is a nationwide, multi-discipline obstacle adventure race for kids ages 6 to 14. In teams of two, participants compete together on bikes, in water and on foot through a 2.5-4 mile course featuring up to 15 man-made and natural obstacles. The Kids Adventure Games is more than a race; it’s an event for the whole family to enjoy! Whether racing or spectating, there’s an entire demo village and Family Mud Run for everyone to get involved!
2. Friday Family Fun Club: An event for the entire family! Lionshead hosts the free family-focused Saturday Afternoon Clubs, with activities for kids of all ages!
3. Go Pro Mountain Games: The GoPro Mountain Games are the country’s largest celebration of adventure sports, art and music! Spectators of all ages, but especially the kids, love watching the many dog competitions held throughout the weekend…and they are sure to get wet! A kids specific expo village with kid specific activities including a climbing wall, kayak pool, SUP pool, fly fishing game and more will keep the kids entertained all day!!
4. Vail Oktoberfest: While the adults may be enjoying the German beers, kids will be entertained in special Kids Zones with activities just for them! And, the dancing is not just for the adults; kids love to get in on the authentic German dances!
5. Gourmet on Gore: The wine and gourmet food for adults are complemented by a special kids’ culinary corner! Chefs in the making, this one’s for you. Stop by the Kids’ Culinary Corner throughout the weekend for culinary activities, crafts and fun just for kids.
6. Vail Dance Festival: A two-week celebration of exceptional artistry taking place in the heart of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Lawn seats for all shows are available for free for kids under 12 and an excellent way to bring dance to your children’s lives!
7. Bravo! Vail: Bravo! Vail is committed to making great music accessible and available to the whole community. Family concerts are a fun introduction to the orchestra for the entire family. Little Listeners @ The Library showcases engaging performances by festival artists followed by age-appropriate musical activities in area libraries. And, lawn seats at performances at the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater for ages 12 and under are FREE!